Although we are still 2 months away from Christmas, I wanted to share this post now since this book will be SOLD OUT soon!
This is another reusable sticker book from Usborne Books & More (see my other posts on All Better, Little Bear Needs Glasses and Kisses, Cuddles and Goodnight!). Just a reminder, these sticker are ACTUALLY reusable; when the sticker loses the stickiness, just run them under water and VOILA! – sticky again!
This book comes with 15 stickers that can be placed throughout the book, wherever your child chooses. I like that it is child-guided and doesn’t have to have a ‘right’ spot. However, older children will enjoy picking out the clues to help them figure out where stickers ‘should’ go.
Stickers include: bell, bow, present (gift), moon, hat, horn (trumpet), teapot (kettle), cookies, ornaments, lantern, star, snowman, scarf, snowflakes (garland), and snacks (apple/nuts).
This book follows 5 friends as they prepare for Christmas and the fun they have! It is a very cute story that is sure to be read over and over again!
Here are some speech/language ideas as you read through this book:
- Speech Sounds
- /b/: bear, bow, bell, ball, bundle, build
- /p/: present, pull, pinecone, paper, pan (what fox sleds in)
- /m/: moose, mouse, moon, merry
- /h/: hat, horn, happy, hot, hang, hill, help
- s-blends: squirrel, snack, snowman, snowball, snowflakes, sled, ski, scarf
- Core Words
- What sticker do you want?
- I want the scarf
- Fox is not happy
- I do not want that sticker
- Mouse can not reach the top of the tree
- Asking/answering wh- questions
- Where should we put the hat?
- What sticker should go on the tray?
- Why did you decide to put the scarf on the bear instead of the mouse?
- Who should get the present?
- Giving and following directions
- This would be a GREAT group activity – have one child tell the other child where to put each of the stickers
- Why do you think the squirrel is not carrying a snowman on the tray?
- What do you think will happen to fox?
- What do you think is on squirrel’s sled?
- Relate to real world experiences
- Have you ever gone sledding?
- Have you ever built a snowman?
- Do you get to drink hot drinks when it is cold outside?
- This would be a great book to use when working on first/then or before/after.
- Before you put on the bell, put on the present.
- After you put the teapot somewhere, find a place for the scarf.
- First put the ornament on the tree and then put the teapot on the table
I LOVE this book and highly recommend it if you are looking to add some Christmas-themed books to your home or therapy library this season. You can purchase this book here! I hope you enjoy this book as much as I do!